– Several of the city’s luxury condominium buildings — including the Residences at W Boston, 45 Province, and Millennium Place — report that at least 24 percent of recent buyers have been international clients, many of them paying in cash. (rismedia.com)
– parents bought properties to save on the housing cost as well as benefit the growth of the housing market
– Since 2000, the Asian American community has been the fastest-growing minority demographic in the U.S (rismedia.com)
– Approximately 209 thousand houses are estimated to have been sold to foreign buyers over the time period, approximately 4 percent of total Existing Home Sales.(REALTOR®)
– The total foreign sales dollar volume is estimated at $104 billion, approximately 8 percent of total Existing Home Sales dollar volume.(REALTOR®)
– While, in the residential markets, Chinese investors, including those from Hong Kong and Taiwan, purchased US$28 billion worth of US residential properties in the financial year 2014/15 according to a report released in June by the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
– Based on data from the Institute of International Education, the number of international students at U.S. colleges and universities in the 2013/2014 academic years hit a record, supported by a 17 percent increase from China. Overall, the number of Asian students climbed by 8 percent with students from China currently making up about a third of all international students in the U.S. (wealthx.com)
– Based on JLL’s data, Chinese real estate investors purchased a record US$16.5 billion in real estate assets in overseas markets last year, a 46 percent increase over 2013, and the first time in history that Chinese buyers have spent more on commercial real estate outside of China than domestically (wealthx.com)